What is HealthCheck?
HealthCheck is a free preventive health checkup program for Dean Health Plan members up to age 21 who are eligible for Wisconsin Medicaid or BadgerCare Plus.
The HealthCheck program covers complete health checkups by your regular doctor. They are very important for children's health—your child may look and feel well, but may have a health problem.
Three reasons for your children to have a HealthCheck
The HealthCheck program covers the care for any health problems found during the checkup, including medical care, eye care and dental care.
- To find and treat children's health problems early
- To let you know about the special health services your child can receive
- To determine if your children are eligible for some health care services not otherwise covered
The exam includes:
- A health and developmental history
- Physical exam
- Hearing and vision test
- Growth and development check
- Dental screening
- Blood and urine lab tests when needed (including blood lead level testing)
- Complete immunizations when needed
If you need transportation for HealthCheck visits and are a Standard Plan member, contact the Wisconsin BadgerCare Plus non-emergency medical transportation service. By utilizing this service, members can receive transportation to their preventive and life-sustaining appointments.
Contact the medical transportation operations center at 866-831-4130.
HealthCheck meets the physical exam requirements for programs like Head Start, Child Care or WIC (Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Food Program) and school physicals.
If you have questions, or to speak with a HealthCheck coordinator, contact our Customer Care Center by email or at 800-279-1301.