Prescription drug cost savings
Prescription drugs are an important part of your overall health. These programs help you save on your drug costs.
Tablet splitting can provide significant savings for you. Through this program, you pay only one-half—or less—of your usual copayment on certain prescription drugs.
For more information, talk with your health care provider or call Dean Health Plan's Customer Care Center at (800) 279-1301.
Tablet splitting program medications
Using a mail-order pharmacy, your orders are shipped to you free of charge.
Our preferred mail-order pharmacy is Costco. If you are a Dean Health Plan member, you can get prescriptions filled for 90 days* through Costco.
Two ways to order through Costco:
- Traditional mail order: Order all prescriptions by mail or phone. You must include the patient profile form and submit it to the Costco Mail Order Pharmacy. You can pay with personal check or electronic funds transfer.
- Online ordering: Order all prescriptions online at pharmacy.costco.com. Each person in your household who receives their medication through online ordering must have their own account and unique email address.
To avoid any order delay be sure you:
- Provide Costco a valid shipping address
- Include valid payment information
- Have your provider send complete directions for use. Costco can't dispense orders without valid instructions and "use as directed" won't be accepted.
- Have your prescription written for the maximum days supplied allowed by your plan (usually 90 days) and contains additional refills.
Your order should arrive 14 days after Costco receives it at the processing facility. Allow a few extra days if you're placing your order for the first time. Standard shipping is free; expedited shipping is available for an extra cost.
For more details, see the Costco Mail Order Brochure.
*Mail order service is not available to all Dean Health Plan members. Refer to your Member Benefit Summary or call our Customer Care Center at (800) 279-1301 for more information.