If you or your child has asthma, avoid these common asthma triggers or remove them from your home:
- Animal dander from pets. Keep animals out of the sleeping areas of the home at all times.
- Dust mites. Wash bed sheets weekly in hot water.
- Pollen. Keep windows closed from late morning to afternoon when pollen is highest.
- Smoke. Do not smoke and do not allow people to smoke around you.
- Cold air. Cover face on cold, windy days.
Set up an Asthma Action Plan with your doctor. This can help you know what to do if you have an asthma attack. Let your family and friends know the plan. Tell your doctor if you are having more symptoms. See a sample asthma action plan.
See your doctor twice a year for asthma follow up.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact your Primary Care Provider or Dean On Call.