What is telepsychiatry?
Strengthen mental health from anywhere
Jun 08, 2021
Telepsychiatry is the practice of delivering mental health care through video and audio technology and can include a range of services.
- If you do not have access to an internet connection and you live in Dane County, telepsychiatry visits are held at SSM Health Dean Medical Group, Fish Hatchery Road, in Madison.
- If you live outside of Dane County, contact your behavioral health provider or primary care provider (PCP) to discuss telepsychiatry options available to you.
- If you do not have a PCP or behavioral health provider, call the Customer Care Center number on the back of your membership card for assistance in picking one or visit deancare.com/doctors.
How Does It Work?
- Talk with your behavioral health provider or PCP to ask about a referral. A referral may be required.
- If your provider gives you a phone number, call to schedule an appointment. While scheduling your appointment, staff will walk you through the steps to prepare for your telepsychiatry appointment.
How Much Will It Cost?
- Similar to visits at your primary care clinic, some visits are covered completely; other visits can have copayments or cost sharing that may count toward your deductible.
- Refer to your Member Benefits Guide or call the Customer Care Center number on the back of your membership card for more information.
Read More News