Which plan is best for you?
Navigating your health insurance options can be confusing and seem overwhelming.
Here is a guide to help you determine if buying a plan on the Healthcare Marketplace (healthcare.gov) is best or buying directly from Dean Health Plan.
Do you need to shop on the Health Insurance Marketplace for 2020?
- If you’re uninsured, underinsured or you’d like to change the plan you previously purchased on the Marketplace, explore your options at deancare.com/calculator.
- If you’re looking for a better option than the plan you purchased through the Marketplace for 2019, compare it with Dean Health Plan and others at deancare.com/calculator.
- If you are a veteran, explore your options at deancare.com/calculator.
- If you’re happy with your current Marketplace coverage, you’ll be automatically re-enrolled in your plan, or a similar plan.
- If you’re on Medicare, you don’t need to visit the Marketplace.
- If you’re insured by your employer, you can stay on your group plan.
or call 800-279-1302.
You can enroll in the Marketplace during open enrollment between Nov. 1 through Dec. 15, 2019.
After that, you will need to wait for the next open enrollment period in November 2020, unless a qualifying event occurs and you are eligible for special enrollment (marriage, divorce, a baby or a move to new coverage area).
What do you need to enroll?
- Social Security Number(s) (or document numbers for legal immigrants).
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage.
- Policy numbers for current health insurance plans covering members of your household.
- If anyone in your household is eligible for a job-based insurance plan, you will need to have the employer complete an Employer Coverage Tool on healthcare.gov.
You may qualify for lower premiums or out-of-pocket costs, based on your household income and size. Financial subsidies are available to those who make under 400% Federal Poverty Level (FPL), which is about $50,000 per year for a single household.
For more information or to check your eligibility visit deancare.com/calculator