A special program for women and their children offered by Dean Health Plan
- Are you covered by Dean Health Plan?
- Are you pregnant, recently delivered or thinking about becoming pregnant?
If you answered YES,
this program is for you.
Strong Beginnings is your connection to the care and services needed to keep you and your baby healthy. Enrollment into Strong Beginnings can begin during a woman’s prenatal, delivery or postpartum period and last through her child’s first two years of age. Women who are planning to get pregnant can also call Strong Beginnings
for extra support.
Strong Beginnings can help you:
- Choose a doctor for yourself and your child/ren
- Schedule prenatal and postpartum doctor visits
- Find health education classes
- Make healthy changes, like quitting smoking
- Care for yourself and your baby before and after birth
- Get connected with local resources
- Get support with breastfeeding and find information about breast pumps
- Transition into the HealthCheck or Well-Child Program
- Connect with a Dean Health Plan Nurse Case Manager for ongoing assistance
Following these important tips will help you have a healthy pregnancy and baby
- Attend your first prenatal visit within your first trimester (the first 3 months) of pregnancy or within 42 days of enrolling with Dean Health Plan
- Attend all recommended prenatal visits
- Do not smoke or use other tobacco products,drink alcohol or use other substances that will harm your baby
- Eat healthy meals – whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, calcium rich foods and low saturated fat
- Be active – ask your doctor what exercise is best for you
- Attend your postpartum visit between 21 and 56 days after your baby is born
For more information, please call:Strong Beginnings at (608) 830-5908 or fill out our online form below.