What is Living Healthy Plus?
Living Healthy Plus helps reduce or eliminate cost share for certain office visits and medications to manage your diabetes. Our goal is to help reduce the financial barriers to managing your diabetes and help prevent complications from the disease.
With Living Healthy Plus, you'll see reduced cost share, including:
- $0 copay for generic diabetes control medications
- $10 copay or 10% coinsurance for brand-name diabetes control medications
- $0 copay for up to four diabetes management appointments per contract year
- $0 copay for up to four hemoglobin A1c labs* per contract year
Who is eligible?
- Members who see a participating Dean Health Plan network provider and have had a hemoglobin A1c lab result that's equal to or greater than 8% in the last 12 months.
- Members who are insured through their employer group health plan (for groups with 51 or more employees). If you have questions about what type of plan you are part of, check with your employers' benefits administrator or call our Customer Care Center.
- Members insured under the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program, see your specific eligibility details.
- Due to IRS regulations, members on an HSA-eligible high-deductible health plan (HDHP) are not eligible for Living Healthy Plus.
Here’s how it works:
- If you haven’t already done so, see a participating Dean Health Plan network provider and have a lab test to check your hemoglobin A1c to determine eligibility. It may take up to 12 weeks for Dean Health Plan to receive your A1c lab results.
- Log on to the member portal, go to the Living Healthy section and complete your health assessment on the WebMD website.
- If you use tobacco, you must also enroll in the no-cost Quit for Life tobacco cessation program. Call 866-QUIT4LIFE or 1-866-784-8454 to get started.
- If you are accepted into the program, we will send you a letter with your effective date. New members are added monthly.
Current Living Healthy Plus members
Already in the program? Here's how you can better manage your diabetes:
- See a primary care or endocrinology provider up to four times annually or as directed by your primary care provider
- See a certified diabetes educator – as advised by your primary care provider – at no cost. ($0 copay for all visits with a diabetes educator and for all preventive care visits.)
- Get the hemoglobin A1c lab test up to four times per year*
- Take your diabetes control medications as prescribed
If you have questions about Living Healthy Plus or your eligibility, call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-279-1301.
*Your provider may choose to order additional labs during the same blood draw. Your standard benefits apply to all labs other than the A1c. As a result, you may be responsible for out-of-pocket costs related to a blood draw.