Rosemary Roasted Vegetables
2 large baking potatoes, cubes (about 4 cups)
2 medium yams, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
2 cups baby carrots
1 large kohlrabi, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
1 large onion, peeled and cut in chunks (about 1 cup)
2 Tablespoons dried rosemary
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoons canola oil
- Prepare vegetables and put into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with spice and stir until mixed.
- Pour onto a 9 x 13" baking pan which has been coated with cooking spray.
- Baked, uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Bake 10-15 minutes longer, until slightly brown.
Red or Yukon gold potatoes for the baking potatoes.
A corn or butternut squash for the yams.
Turnips, parsnips or rutabaga for the kohlrabi.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional information per serving
Total fat (0.3 grams saturated fat) 4 grams
Protein 2 grams
Carbohydrate 24 grams
Fiber 3 grams
Sodium 20 mg
Potassium 560 mg
Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Recipe contributed by Dean Medical Group Dietitian Cynthia M. Stenavich, RD.