Roasted Vegetable Salad with Capers and Walnuts
1 lb small Brussels sprouts, trimmed
1 lb unpeeled small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into halves
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp dried rosemary
3 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-size chunks
¼ cup walnuts (raw), coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp capers, drained
1 ½ Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slash bottoms of Brussels sprouts; place in shallow roasting pan.
- Add potatoes, sprinkle with salt, black pepper and rosemary. Drizzle with 1 ½ Tbsp oil; toss to coat. Roast 20 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper; roast 15 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to large bowl; stir in walnuts and capers.
- Whisk remaining 1 ½ Tbsp oil and vinegar in small bowl until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or warmed.
Nutrition Information: (per ½ cup serving)
Total Fat: 10 g
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Sodium: 208 mg
Recipe is from Diabetic Cooking magazine and was contributed by Dean dietitian Jennifer Smith, RD.