Peanut and Broccoli Slaw Wraps
10 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast strips
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups packaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
1/2 cup Cascadian Farm® frozen shelled soybeans (edamame), thawed
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 10-inch whole wheat flour tortillas, warmed
* 1 recipe Homemade Peanut Sauce (below)
1. Sprinkle chicken strips with garlic powder and pepper. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Add broccoli, edamame, and ginger to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Spread tortillas with Homemade Peanut Sauce. Top with chicken strips and vegetable mixture. Roll up tortillas. Cut each wrap in half. Serve immediately.
3. Homemade Peanut Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter; 1 tablespoon water; 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce; 1 clove garlic, minced; and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger. Heat over very low heat until melted and smooth, whisking constantly.
4. *Note: To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in the oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional Information for a Half Wrap
Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 80)
Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g)
Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 18g, Sugars 3g)
Recipe contributed by Dean Medical Group Dietitian Toni Sterry, RD.