Gluten Free Fruit Pizza
4 cups Rice Chex®, Corn Chex®, Chocolate Chex®, Honey Nut Chex® or Cinnamon Chex® cereal
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
Variety of fruit, sliced (3 kiwis, a pint of strawberries and a handful of blueberries.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place cereal in re-sealable, food-storage, plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet.
- In large bowl, mix sugars, peanut butter, butter, egg and vanilla. Stir in crushed cereal. Spread in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Mix up the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Once the crust is completely cooled, spread the cream cheese/sugar mixture evenly over the top of the crust.
- Now add the sliced fruit to the pizza. If you are going to make a fun design, I suggest you start in the middle and work your way out to the edges.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until time to serve.
Recipe contributed by Dean dietitian Melissa Phillips, RD.