Fall Festival Spinach
and Fruit Salad
4 cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 lb grapes
1 cantaloupe, cut into small chuncks
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds *
Citrus Dressing Ingredients
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice concentrate, thawed
* Chopped dried cranberries or cherries can be substituted if pomegranates are not available.
- Spread spinach in a shallow salad bowl.
- Arrange apple slices, grapes and melon chunks on the spinach.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over top.
- In a small container, whisk yogurt and orange juice concentrate until combined and smooth.
- Drizzle citrus dressing over salad and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories from Fat 8%
Total Fat 2 grams
Dietary Fiber 4 grams
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 55 mg
Recipe contributed by Dean Dietitian Kim Petershack, RD, MS, CD.