Double Tomato Bruschetta
6 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 baguette of French bread
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to the broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine the Roma tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4 inch slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Broil for 1-2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for five minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Makes 12 servings.
Protein: 9.5 gm
Fat: 9 gm
Carbohydrate: 24.5 gm
Fiber: 1.5 gm
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 377 mg
Recipe contributed by Dean dietician Cindy M Stenavich, RD.