Curly Broccoli Bake
1½ cups whole wheat corkscrew pasta, dry
3 cups broccoli, frozen, chopped
1 10.5 oz. can low-fat cream of broccoli soup, condensed
½ cup skim milk or plain soy milk
2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place frozen broccoli in large microwave-safe and oven proof dish and cook for 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Coarsely chop cooked broccoli.
- Mix soup with milk and add to chopped broccoli.
- Add cooked pasta and mix. Top with bread crumbs and seasoning blend.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Makes 6 servings.
Total fat: 2.2g
Saturated fat: 0.6g
Calories from fat: 11%
Calories from saturated fat: 3%
Dietary fiber: 5g
Each serving provides an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber, and a good source of vitamin A, folate and magnesium.
This recipe is from the Cool Fuel for Kids Cookbook and was submitted by Dean Medical Group dietitian Jennifer Smith, RD.