Cauliflower with Turmeric & Cilantro
1 lb cauliflower
5 Tbsp low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp turmeric
2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
Ingredients for Dressing
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
1. Cut cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
2. Heat the five tablespoons of broth in a skillet on medium heat.
3. When the broth begins to steam, add cauliflower and turmeric. Stir quickly to coat cauliflower with turmeric and broth.
4. Cover and let steam for 3 minutes.
5. Add chopped garlic, stir, and cover again for another 1-2 minutes, until cauliflower is just tender. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
6. While still hot, toss cauliflower with the dressing ingredients.
7. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.
Folate: 130.46 mcg (32.6% DV)
Recipe contributed by Dean Dietitian Julie McLaughlin, RD.