2 cloves garlic, minced
6 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 (6 ounce) salmon filets
- In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, olive oil, basil, pepper, lemon juice and parsley.
- Place salmon filets in a medium glass baking dish. Cover with marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator about one hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place filets in aluminum foil, over with marinade and seal.
- Place the sealed salmon in a clean baking dish and bake 35-45 minutes, until the salmon can be easily flaked with a fork.
Makes 2 servings.
Total fat: 46 gm
Protein: 34 gm
Carbohydrate: 2 gm
Fiber: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 93.5 mg
Sodium: 75 mg
Recipe contributed by Dean Medical Group dietitian Cindy M Stenavich, RD.