Baked Cherry Oatmeal
3 cups of skim milk
6 Tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 Tbsp. light soft tub margarine
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups of peeled, chopped apples (any kind)
3/4 cup dried cherries
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9" square pan with nonstick spray.
- Ina large sauce pan, bring milk, Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, margarine, and cinnamon to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oats, apples, cherries, and nuts; spread evenly into prepared pan.
- When the milk mixture begins to boil, pour out evenly over oatmeal mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and oatmeal is tender.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.3 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.3 grams
Sodium: 82 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 51 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Recipe contributed by Dean Medical Group Dietitian Melissa Phillips, RD.