Almond Crusted Fish with Spinach
Yield: 4 servings
1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill, or 1 tsp dried dill
1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1.25 ib. cod or halibut, cut into 4 portions
4 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, silvered
1 ib. baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Zest and juice one lemon. Set juice aside.
- Combine lemon zest, almonds, dill, 1 tbsp. olive oil and pepper in small bowl.
- Place fish on the prepared baking sheet and spread each portion with 1 tsp. mustard. Divide the almond mixture among the fish portions, pressing onto the mustard.
- Bake fish until opaque in the center, about 7-9 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tsp. oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown – about 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, lemon juice; season with pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is just wilted – about 2-4 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
- Divide wilted spinach onto 4 plates. Topped with cooked fish. Garnish with lemon slices.
Fat: 20.2 g
Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
Cholesterol: 49 mg
Sodium: 272 mg
Fiber: 5.6 g
Recipe adapted from www.WebMD.com/food-recipes.