Six Easy (and Affordable) DIY Halloween Costumes
It's not as hard as you might think
Halloween is right around the corner, and chances are your kids are already asking to hit the mall for their costumes. We rounded up the most original DIY costumes out there so you can skip the store and outfit your little ghost or goblin in something that nobody else on the block will have:
- Mad Scientist: We love this adorable costume from Real Simple Magazine, because it is perfect for children OR their trick-or-treat chaperones. Chances are you have most of the costume components in your home, and the gummy worm test tube is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages.
- Zookeeper: If your son or daughter loves animals, this is a perfect (and easy) costume from Parenting Magazine. Dress them in khakis, grab a few favorite stuffed animals and hit the trick-or-treat trail. Bonus points if you have a dog or cat that can join in the fun.
- Pirate: Ahoy savings! Spoonful.com’s pirate costume is adorable and easy to pull together without spending a fortune.
- Superhero: Play up your kids’ favorite colors and superpowers with these original (and DIY) costumes from Martha Stewart Magazine. The entire family can customize their own outfit, affordably.
- Great Costumes for Babies: Baby’s first Halloween will be extra special with one of these adorable DIY costumes. Babble’s ideas include everything from a snuggly lamb to a sweet candy corn.
- Family Costumes: From an adventurous race team to a rock band, these handmade costumes are perfect for the entire family.
Have you ever made your child’s Halloween costume? Share your ideas with us below!