Ten Activities to Add to Your Summer Bucket List
This summer, Dean is helping you check everything you really want to do off your Summer Bucket List.
We love all the great ideas Dean fans have suggested! Check out our favorites so far and submit your summer musts at deancare.com/facebook for a chance to win $3,000.
1. Go to a Water Park: Noah’s Ark is the largest water park in America, with dozens of waterslides, several wave pools and lazy rivers, children’s play areas and much more. No summer is complete until you check this off your bucket list!
2. Spend a Weekend in Door County: Pack up the van for a few nights under the stars at Peninsula State Park! If camping isn’t your thing, splurge a little on a cottage or log cabin. Go cherry picking, read a good book on the beach, hike the Whitefish Dunes and explore the many lighthouses.
3. Travel the World: We received tons of great travel ideas from everyone. Take a road trip around the country, backpack across Europe, vacation at Disney Land, go on a second honeymoon or even surf in Brazil. If world travel isn’t possible, try something closer to home.
4. Enjoy a Spa Weekend with Friends: Sometimes you need to take some time for yourself. Unwind and catch up with old girlfriends at your local spa. Indulge in a facial, aromatherapy, body wraps, massages, manicures, makeovers and a healthy lunch.
5. Host a Backyard Party: Invite all your friends and family over, fire up the grill and get cooking! Better yet, have the party catered so you can really enjoy yourself.
6. Go Shopping: It’s almost back-to-school season! Spend a weekend in downtown Chicago or the Mall of America shopping for fall. But remember kids aren’t the only ones who need a new wardrobe—splurge a little on yourself.
7. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: Cross that adventurous to-do off your list with a hot air balloon ride! Go with the whole family or take a romantic ride for two. You’ll get a whole new perspective of the local landscape.
8. Start a Garden: Spruce up your yard with a beautiful garden. Visit your local garden center and purchase all your supplies and seedlings. You can even take a gardening class at Olbrich Botanical Gardens!
9. Make Over Your Home: Now that you’ve got all your spring cleaning out of the way, it’s time to really improve your home with a little redecoration. Do it yourself with some inspiration or find a local pro.
10. Visit the Milwaukee Zoo: Take the family on a day trip to the zoo for fun rides and attractions, exotic animals and educational programs. Afterward you can even catch a Brewers game!
What’s on your Summer Bucket List? Share your activities at deancare.com/facebook for a chance to win!