Summer’s Last Blast
Last-minute vacations for all ages
Lazy days of summer? Not for most parents. Camp, sports and hectic work schedules have kept you hopping, and now another school year is right around the corner. There’s still time to squeeze in that relaxing family getaway you’ve been craving — no stress required. Find the perfect fit for you.
Little kids? Just add water.
When you have little ones, the best vacations are simple. Water, beach toys and s'mores delight, without breaking the bank.
- Wisconsin’s Northwoods: In under four hours, you and your family could be relaxing near the campfire in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. A number of lodging options, from cabins to resorts, are available in vacation paradises like Minocqua and Eagle River. By day, grab bikes and hit the nature-packed trails, or rent a boat and visit the local lakes for fishing, swimming and water sports. Evenings are perfect for a kid-friendly dinner in a quaint downtown diner or a more casual picnic by the fire.
- Wisconsin Dells: Looking for a local option that will thrill younger kids? The Wisconsin Dells has a number of affordable indoor and outdoor waterparks that are ideal for a weekend away. Check out current deals for great last-minute trip ideas.
Big kids? Take a local adventure.
Your older children will be sure to brag about these thrilling local escapes:
- Camping: Bigger kids can handle (and demand) more active vacations. If you’re looking for quality family time but only have a weekend to get away, great campgrounds are within a few hours of home.
- Adventure Resorts: Teens will love an adrenaline-packed trip to one of Wisconsin’s many adventure resorts, where zip lining, river tubing and kayaking are steps away from great lodging options.
Just the two of you?
Maybe you’ve already taken that big family trip, and you need some couple time to recharge before summer ends. Whether you’re into city fun or want to get back to nature, there are plenty of great local spots for just the two of you.
- Milwaukee: Milwaukee is home to great concerts, theater and restaurants — and a night or weekend there doesn’t require a ton of planning or time off. Milwaukee’s tourism website makes it easy to fit in a couple’s getaway with custom itineraries.
- Door County: Bike and hike or just take it slow with a guided tour. Whatever your speed, Door County will help you reconnect among beautiful views, restaurants, even theater under the stars.
How will you get away for summer’s last blast? Share your trip ideas with us below!