SSM Health Dean Medical Group's wound care nurse practitioners are experienced in the management of simple and complex wounds, and the complications that may arise. Wound care services are provided within Infectious Disease.
Wound care begins with a comprehensive evaluation and development of an individualized care plan. Each patient receives a custom wound care regimen, which may include the following treatment approaches:
- Sharp debridement
- Specialty dressings and topical applications
- Multi-layer compression wraps
- Custom compression hose fitting
- Wound V.A.C. therapy
- Off-loading devices
- Off-loading of pressure points
Wound Care nurse practitioners will work closely with your medical team to provide the most effective and efficient treatment for your wound(s). Our team also evaluates the need for coordinating treatment of underlying medical issues. Home nursing care and supply orders are coordinated as needed.
Wound Types Seen at the Wound Care Clinic
Our wound care nurse practitioners treat a variety of patients with different needs. Common wound types include:
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Dehiseced wounds
- Traumatic non-healing wounds
- Neuropathic wounds including diabetic foot ulcers, which are managed collaboratively with Dean Medical Group Podiatry
All wounds heal at different rates and the duration of treatment will be based on the patient’s individual needs.