Medical Options for Weight Loss
Whether you have 20 pounds to lose or 200 pounds to lose, our care team will work with you to find an option that meets your needs.Whether you're looking for an alternative to weight loss surgery or a supplement to weight loss surgery, we offer a variety of options to meet your goals.
Very Low Calorie Diet
Dean's Very Low-Calorie Diet (VLCD) program offers a liquid, very low calorie diet supervised by a medical provider. The program lasts 12 to 22 weeks.dea
Participants can schedule their weekly appointments at the following locations:
Please note that insurance coverage is individual and is not guaranteed. Insurance does not cover the cost of supplements. Pre-requisites to the program include a physical examination, labs and a screening EKG, as well as clearance from your doctor.
Weight Loss Shared Medical Appointments
A Weight Loss Shared Medical Appointment is a monthly group session that focuses on key health topics related to weight management success strategies.
The group is facilitated by a lifestyle coach and/or health educator. During the session, each participant has a brief individual check-in with a Family Medicine provider.
The Shared Medical Appointments are held at Dean Clinic - Fish Hatchery.
As part of this service, participants also have access to weekly phone support and lifestyle coaching. Note that insurance coverage is individual and is not guaranteed. Pre-requisites include a medical, physical therapy and nutritional evaluation.
The Comprehensive Weight Management Program team offers a thorough evaluation and initiation of weight loss medications for patients who wish to use medications to supplement weight loss efforts. Note that insurance coverage is individual and is not guaranteed.
Note that this appointment is dependent on insurance and prescription coverage. An evaluation appointment must be held prior to receiving medication.
More Options Available Through Dean
We invite you to visit our Classes section for information about Dean's weight-related classes and support groups, which include:
- Healthy Lifestyle and Fitness Classes — From Dean Clinic providers.
- Mindful Eating Group — This group helps people make better choices, feeding the body when it is hungry and learning to attend more appropriately to other issues that may be causing non-hunger based eating.
Dean also offers a variety of services that are beneficial for people dealing with various weight concerns. Services include:
- Individual Nutrition Counseling — The Registered Dietitians at Dean Nutrition Services offer individual nutrition counseling.
- Mental Health Counseling — Dean Mental Health offers individual counseling for those who want to explore their emotional relationship to eating.
- Fit for Life — Dean Physical Therapy offers "Fit for Life," which teaches skills related to lifelong health.
Want to Learn More?
If you would like more information about these medical options for weight loss, contact Dean Comprehensive Weight Management at (608) 824-4457, toll free at (800) 808-1190.