Dean Medical Group's Pediatric Therapy Services provide child-friendly, comprehensive therapy services for young patients with developmental delays and disabilities. Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists work with each child and their family, to achieve age-appropriate and condition-appropriate rehabilitation goals.
Our pediatric therapy services focus on:
- Developing fine-motor, large motor skills and perceptual-motor skills
- Providing movement, strength, balance and coordination training
- Developing speech and language skills
- Improving sensory processing and integration
- Developing social and play skills, attention span, and school readiness
- Teaching self-help techniques
- Identifying adaptive equipment needs for children
- Educating the family/caregivers on ways to assist the child
Common conditions that may require pediatric therapy services include:
- Spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Congenital problems, torticollis (wry neck) and head asymmetry with Dynamic Orthotic CranioplastySM Banding
- Developmental delays or disability
- Mobility, balance and gait problems
- Chewing and swallowing problems
- Speech and language development problems
- Acute trauma or abuse
How Can I Receive Pediatric Therapy Services for My Child?
A physician referral is required for pediatric therapy services. If your child doesn't have a primary care provider, please use our Provider Directory to find a provider that meets your family's needs.
Our therapy team, along with the referring physician and other specialists will assess the child's progress throughout the therapy process, and conduct other diagnostic assessments and therapies as needed.