Dean Sports Medicine
Scheduling an Appointment
(608) 294-6090 (Madison area) or
(608) 741-2950 (Janesville area).
Dean Sports Medicine physicians work with Dean Orthopedic Surgeons to provide specialty care for children and adults who have sports-related injuries or exercise-related medical problems.
Our specialists provide comprehensive evaluations and recommend a course of treatment that best suits a person's lifestyle and activities, with the goal of healing injuries, preventing future injury or damage, and increasing function, mobility and strength.
Sports Medicine Services
Dean Sports Medicine physicians have a primary specialty in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Family Medicine, and have completed a fellowship or certification in Sports Medicine. They specialize in treatment of many sports injuries, and promote overall athletic fitness and injury prevention. They can also expedite referrals to orthopedic surgeons when necessary.
They provide care in the following areas:
- Acute injuries (such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries, and fractures)
- Overuse injuries (such as tendonitis, stress fractures)
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness (such as asthma or diabetes)
- Shortness of breath with activity
- Nutrition, supplements and performance issues
- Exercise counseling
- Injury prevention
- "Return to play" decisions in the sick or injured athlete
- Strength training and conditioning
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
Orthopedic Surgery Services
Dean Orthopedic Surgeons see patients who are referred by sports medicine physicians or primary care physicians for surgical treatment of sports-related conditions and injuries.
As a service related to Sports Medicine, they specialize in:
- Surgical evaluations for exercise-related problems
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Knee and hip reconstruction
- Joint reconstruction or replacement
- Ligament reconstruction, tendon transfers
- Compound fractures and trauma care