Discover the Dean Difference
Dean's Orthopedic specialists and surgeons specialize in treating diseases, injuries and abnormalities of the musculoskeletal system — spine, hands, feet, ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, and elbows. They provide care at multiple clinic locations, which are listed at right.
You may be referred to an orthopedic surgeon if you need hip or joint replacement, knee or hand surgery, or limb reconstruction and prosthetics. Also, our orthopedic surgeons treat:
- Sports injuries requiring surgery
- Repetitive motion injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hand problems such as trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis)
- Spinal problems including scoliosis
- Other congenital and degenerative diseases that affect the structure and form of the skeleton
Many of our surgeries are performed in the Dean & St. Mary's Outpatient Surgery Center.
Dean's orthopedic specialists are also part of Dean's Sports Medicine services, providing care for people with sports-related injuries or exercise-related problems that may require surgery to repair damage and restore function and mobility.
Orthopedic patients may be also referred to Dean Therapy Services to ensure that every patient has an appropriate rehabilitation program.
Special Interests and Procedures
- Adult disorders of the thoracic & lumbar spine
- Adult musculoskeletal reconstruction
- Arthroscopy & arthroscopic surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Compound fractures & trauma care
- Foot & ankle reconstruction
- Knee & shoulder reconstruction
- Hand & upper extremity surgery
- Hip & knee reconstruction
- Joint replacement & reconstruction
- Ligament reconstruction, tendon transfers
- Surgical evaluations for exercise-related problems