Obstetrics and Gynecology
Schedule an Appointment
For other locations, please use our Provider Directory.
Our obstetrics & gynecology (Ob/Gyn) doctors, along with maternal-fetal medicine (high-risk pregnancy care) and urogynecology specialists, focus on women’s reproductive health, caring for women during pregnancy and beyond.
Our surgeons provide specialized surgeries and treatment for a variety of concerns, and work with a team of advanced practitioners to offer access to preventive care through annual gynecologic and breast health examinations.
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery is a sub-specialty of Obstetrics & Gynecology as well as Urology, often referred to as Urogynecology. The combination of these two specialties provides focused care for the pelvic floor. Our physicians can help treat many common issues for women such as prolapse, pelvic floor pain, stress incontinence and other bladder problems.
All of our doctors are board certified by their respective specialty boards.
Focused on Your Needs
The following sections contain helpful resources and information from our doctors for your specific situation.
Learn more about our services.
Research the range of options available.
Discover the next steps you should take to improve your baby's health.
Research the services offered by our doctors for a range of concerns.
Specializing in Care for Women
Dean Medical Group's Ob/Gyn surgeons and Maternal-Fetal Medicine doctors are specialists in obstetrics and gynecology, and serve as consultants to primary care doctors on these issues. Because your global health is important, we recommend that female patients have a primary care doctor (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine) and an Ob/Gyn doctor.
Our Madison doctors deliver babies at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - Madison, where natural labor is supported and respected, but high-risk help is a step away if needed. Our obstetricians are in-house while you labor, as are our anesthesiologists and neonatologists (Intensive Care Nursery doctors). This level of support is unique in the region. SSM Health St. Mary’s offers a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery.
Our doctors outside of Madison work out of their community hospitals, but have a direct link to Dean Medical Group's Janesville and Madison doctors. They transfer expectant mothers and babies with intensive-care needs to SSM Health St. Mary’s if needed.
Obstetrics & Gynecology Services
- Annual gynecologic examinations, including breast exams
- General and high-risk obstetrics, including prenatal and postnatal care
- Pregnancy prevention, including Mirena IUD and Implanon
- Pre-conceptual counseling
- Management of abnormal Pap Smears, including colposcopy and LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure)
- Treatment of vulvar disorders – including vulvo-vaginal pain (vulvodynia) – through our Vulvar Clinic
- Diagnosis and management of gynecologic cancers (uterine, cervical, vulvar, vaginal and ovarian)
- Gynecological surgery including minimally invasive procedures, such as Essure, Novasure and laparoscopy
- Infertility diagnosis and treatment, including insemination
- Diagnosis and treatment of incontinence
- Counseling and management for menopause
- Diagnosis and management of endometriosis
- da Vinci Hysterectomy and Laparoscopic Hysterectomy