Dean Internal Medicine
Dean's Internal Medicine physicians (internists) focus on primary care of adults — from teenagers to the elderly — and diseases of internal organs. They provide care at multiple Dean Clinic locations.
Internal Medicine includes prevention, management and treatment of common and complex medical conditions that occur in adults, such as:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Digestive disorders
- Conditions related to aging
- Healthy lifestyle management
When appropriate, an Internal Medicine physician will refer patients to other medical specialists for additional care. They actively monitor a patient's overall condition and health, even when other medical specialists are involved.
Internal Medicine Services
- Comprehensive primary care for adults of any age
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses
- Disease prevention and management, including heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis, cholesterol management, etc.
- Men's health, including wellness check-ups
- Women's health, including routine gynecological care
- Senior health and geriatrics
- Annual physicals and screenings
- Mild injury care (cuts, bruises, sprains, pulled muscles)
- Healthy lifestyle management, including smoking cessation and weight management
- Referrals to specialists