Dean Hand and Upper Extremity Care
Dean's Hand and Upper Extremity specialists are dedicated to the comprehensive care of upper limb conditions. They provide care at multiple Dean Clinic locations.
We accept patients by physician referral only. Please ask your primary care physician if you would like a referral to our clinic. If you don't have a primary care physician, please use our Provider Directory to find a physician that best meets your needs.
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment of common hand and upper extremity conditions, including:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Dupuytren's contracture of the fingers
- Trigger finger
- Evaluation and care of sports-related injuries to the upper extremity
- Hand and upper extremity fracture and injury care
- Surgery of the fingers, hand and wrist
- Shoulder and elbow reconstruction
- Treatment of congenital hand differences and pediatric injuries
- Joint replacements for rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- Joint and soft tissue injections
A Team Approach
Dean's Hand and Upper Extremity Clinic offers a team-based approach. Our team includes:
- Physician — Please see our hand specialists for more information about Dr. Bliss.
- Physician Assistants — These professionals evaluate the full spectrum of upper extremity conditions or injuries, as well as treat non-operative conditions. These physician assistants are specifically trained in this area and focus on providing the highest level of patient care. If your condition requires a surgical consult, your physician assistant will arrange this in a timely manner.
- Therapists — Dean's occupational therapists and certified hand therapists are specifically trained in the rehabilitation of the upper extremity, and are an essential component of the team.
- Disability Analyst Case Manager — This on-site therapist is trained to assist you with work restrictions, workers' compensation questions and any additional paperwork needs you have. Frequently, this individual may accompany the physician or physician assistant during your appointment.
This team approach allows us to give you the best patient care in the most efficient manner.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
Most appointments are scheduled for a minimum of one hour. Depending on your needs, the visit may take longer.
Our clinic is comprised of multiple hand clinic tables in one spacious room, which is shared with other patients and providers. If you would like to be seen in a private room, we are happy to accommodate this request. Please let our staff know as soon as possible so we can make the appropriate arrangements for you.