Our Optometry specialists (optometrists) specialize in eye care for the whole family, including pediatric and geriatric optometry. Our optometrists are based at various Dean Medical Group locations, Regional Clinics and Davis Duehr Dean Eye Care locations throughout southern Wisconsin.
What is an Optometrist?
Optometrists are board certified doctors of optometry (O.D.) They have expertise in prescribing eyeglasses and contact lenses. They do not perform eye surgery, but provide pre-and post-surgical care for patients. They work closely with ophthalmologists and referring physicians to provide comprehensive eye care for patients.
- Provide comprehensive eye exams for children and adults
- Provide vision therapy
- Diagnose vision problems and eye diseases
- Prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses (bifocal, colored, toric for astigmatism, extended wear, disposable)
- Provide treatment for common eye diseases including glaucoma and cataracts
- Provide diabetic eye screenings
- Provide screenings for refractive surgery
- Prescribe medications to treat eye conditions and disorders
- Co-manage patients who have had incisional and laser surgery
- Provide care for eye injuries
- Co-manage eye diseases