Dean Medical Group's Anesthesiology specialists (anesthesiologists) administer sedation or anesthesia (local, regional or general) to ensure your comfort and safety during and after surgery. Anesthesiologists also provide solutions to help manage pain caused by:
- Severe injuries
- Chronic illness
- Diseases such as cancer
Your Care Team
Our Anesthesiology team includes:
- Anesthesiologists (MDs) — Medical doctors with a residency in anesthesiology.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) — These specialists have a degree in nursing and graduate-level training in anesthesiology.
Both Anesthesiologists and CRNAs are highly qualified to respond to any medical problems that might arise during and after a patient's surgery or procedure. They closely monitor and regulate changes in breathing, heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen levels, and neuromuscular function while a patient is anesthetized or sedated.
Prior to administering any type of anesthesia, an Anesthesiologist or CRNA will meet with you to discuss your health history. They consider many factors including medications, diabetes, blood pressure, family history, and any reactions to anesthetics in the past.
Our Anesthesiology specialists work closely with other Dean Medical Group specialists to provide comprehensive care for patients. They provide care at multiple clinical and hospital locations.
- Cardiothoracic anesthesia
- Chronic pain therapy
- Epidural analgesia
- General and regional anesthesia
- Obstetric anesthesia
- Pediatric anesthesia
- Sedation for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Vascular anesthesia