Small Group Employers
I am an employer looking to purchase or renew coverage.
- Renewing coverage with us – as your policy renews for 2014 it will convert to a plan that meets the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. You will receive your renewal packet 90 days before your renewal date. If you are interested in early renewal or just have questions, please call your insurance agent or account manager.
- Purchasing new coverage with us – please contact your insurance agent who will be able to discuss plan options and find the best one to meet your needs. Or, you may contact us directly at (866) 794-3326 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I Have to Offer Insurance?
Small group employers will not face any penalties if they do not offer health insurance to their employees, but if you do, there are certain requirements on what type of coverage you must offer.* The new requirements may benefit certain employers differently than others. As a result, you may choose to renew your current plan with us before 2014.
What are the of the key changes for 2014*:
- Essential Health Benefits – all plans must cover a core set of benefits
- Your employees cannot be denied or charged more because of their health status or gender
- No pre-existing condition limitations
- Out-of-pocket expenses will be limited and accumulate toward the annual maximum differently than in the past
* The new requirements are effective on or upon the group insurance renewal date following January 1st 2014.
What do small businesses need to know?