HealthCheck, BadgerCare Plus
HealthCheck is a preventive health checkup program for members up to age 21 who are currently eligible for Wisconsin Medicaid or BadgerCare Plus.
The HealthCheck program covers complete health checkups, which are very important for children's health. Your child may look and feel well, yet may have a health problem.
The HealthCheck program has three purposes:
1. To find and treat children's health problems early
2. To let you know about the special health services your child can receive
3. To determine if your children are eligible for some health care not otherwise covered.
The HealthCheck program covers the care for any health problems found during the checkup, including medical care, eye care and dental care.
The HealthCheck checkup includes:
• A health and developmental history
• Physical exam
• Hearing and vision test
• Dental screening
• Blood and urine lab tests (including blood lead level testing when needed)
• Complete immunizations (shots)
Dean Health Plan will help arrange for transportation for HealthCheck visits for Standard Plan members. Call our Customer Care Center at (800) 279-1301.